These vegan ginger peach muffins are to die for! The sweetness of peach and spice of ginger come together in these easy, 1 bowl, supremely delicious muffins!
Summer is officially in full force! I may be biased (since I am a July baby), but July is my absolute favourite month of the year. For me, it represents the epitome of summer. Sunshine, vacays, friends and fun, spontaneous trips to anywhere and everywhere.. Ah, summer is the best.
And with all the amazingness that summer brings, we can’t not talk about those awesome summer stone fruits! Cherries. Nectarines. Peaches. Etc. Augh. So freakin’ good. Which is why this recipe features one of my faves, PEACHES!
There’s nothing better than sitting on the beach, sun blaring overhead with glistening waters out ahead, and taking a bite of a nice, huge, juicy peach. Am I right? All my summer lovers out there know what I’m talking about! I don’t know about you guys, but when I come across some nice peaches, or any summer fruit for that matter, I always buy a sh*t tonne of it, and it almost always ends up being way too much for me to handle.
So, what better way to use up some leftover fruit than to throw it in some baking! If you love peaches, you’ll love this recipe – these muffins are seriously so bomb.
I find the combination of peach and ginger to be so refreshing and the perfect balance of sweet with a little bit of spice. I first came across the flavour pairing in a herbal tea and have been hooked ever since. When I decided I wanted to do peach muffins, I knew ginger was definitely going to be a part of it. I used crystallized ginger and ginger powder to add a tiny ginger zing without it being overwhelming. The cinnamon crumb topping perfectly ties the peach and ginger together and takes them over the edge! Seriously guys, they are so good.
These muffins are moist, perfectly sweet, wonderfully spiced, and make for a fresh little summer treat! They went like hot cakes in my house. If you love peaches, these just might be your new favourite too!
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced peaches (About 1 medium-large peach)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs coconut oil, solid
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Grease and/or line a 12-cavity muffin tin and set aside
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt) and stir
- Add dairy free milk, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract to dry ingredient mixture. Gently mix to combine, taking care not to over mix
- Fold in diced peaches and candied ginger
- To make the crumb topping, combine all ingredients in a bowl and work together with fingers until a course crumb mixture is achieved
- Add muffin batter to prepared muffin tin, filling almost to the top of each well
- Sprinkle some crumb topping over the batter
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean
- Allow to cool on wire rack
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!