Nutty, fruity, chocolatey, crunchy.. all words to describe these incredibly easy banana almond butter pretzel bites! Made with simple ingredients for a delicious clean eating snack!
You know those moments when you kinda want something chocolatey, kinda want something fruity, and
kinda most definitely want something nutty? I don’t know about you guys, but I have those moments preeeetty often. Not gonna lie.
What I usually end up doing is spreading some variety of nut butter onto a plain rice cake and topping it with banana slices. Then squish a few chocolate chips in between the bananas, of course. And while that’s all fine and dandy and gets the job done, sometimes I just want somethin’ thats pretty much the same, but kinda different. But it can’t take too long or require too much effort. Know what I’m sayin’? Enter these little bites of goodness:
Aren’t they cute!? Cute AND fast AND delicious. Oh man. Don’t underestimate the deliciousness potential of snacks with only 5 components, seriously. All you need are vegan chocolate chips, coconut oil, almond butter, bananas and pretzels! Vegan minimalism at it’s finest. And, these can easily be made gluten free if you ensure to use GF pretzels! How awesome is that?
Candy-like snacking, made GUILT FREE! Making a big batch of these and keeping them in the freezer for moments when a craving strikes is a good idea. The irresistible combination of nuts and chocolate, the sweetness of banana, and salty crunch of the pretzel make these an excellent craving killer. Without adding a bunch of nonsense to your snacking. Meet your new favourite non-guilty pleasure!
- 1 cup + 2 tbs vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 large banana sliced (24 slices)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 24 mini pretzel twists
- Prep 24 mini baking cups (1.25", the type used for mini muffins/candy) by placing them onto a baking sheet or in a mini muffin tin
- Slice your banana(s) into 24 rounds. Set aside
- Melt the vegan chocolate chips and 1/2 tbs of coconut oil together over a double boiler or in the microwave (be careful not to burn if using a microwave)
- In a small bowl, combine almond butter and 1/2 tbs of melted coconut oil and stir together (the consistency should still be thick, but a little easier to pour)
- Spoon about 1 tsp of melted chocolate into the bottom of each muffin liner. Set aside remaining chocolate
- Place a slice of banana on top of the melted chocolate
- Spoon some almond butter on top, enough to cover the top and sides of the banana
- Spoon about 1/4 tsp of the remaining melted chocolate on top of the almond butter
- Place 1 mini pretzel twist on the top
- Place your baking pan or muffin tin into the freezer for about 30 minutes to allow the bites to set
- Once they are set, store in an airtight container/bag in the freezer
- When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 2-3 minutes
* Cooking time accounts for setting time in the freezer. I recommend storing these in an airtight bag/container in the freezer
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!