This easy vegan blueberry coffee cake is moist, fruity, and extremely delicious – it’s the perfect breakfast or snack loaf!
Hiya, friends! This week I’ve got an extremely easy loaf for ya. It’s filled with lots of yum yum blueberries and topped with a simple cinnamon streusel topping. Cinnamon + blueberries = Amaaaaazing, right? There are still some nice lookin’ blueberries lingering around the grocery store so we best take advantage! Let’s get to it.
This is the perfect lazy day baking idea. I know, ’cause I was definitely feeling a bit lazy when I was trying to test this. I think the fact that September is here, which means it’s Fall, which, at the end of the day, means it’s basically Winter in Canada, has been getting to me. Cool mornings and chilly evenings are continually reminding me that yet another summer has come and gone.
SUMMER, Y U SO SHORT? *Cries*
So, this recipe was my solution to wanting to bake something delicious, but not actually wanting to put a whole lot of effort into baking something delicious. Know what I’m sayin’. As long as you got some bloobs, everything else needed in this recipe are most definitely kitchen staples.
I’ve actually been feelin’ loafs lately. They’re so easy to throw together. Next week I’ve got a Fall flavoured loaf comin’ at ya, so stay tuned for that, cause it’s one of my absolute faaaves.
The juicy blueberries mixed with the sweet cinnamon topping is just noms. I can attest to the fact that a slice of this blueberry coffee cake loaf lives up to it’s name and pairs exceptionally well with a nice, big, hot cuppa coffee. It also does well after being warmed up a little and slathered with peanut or almond butter. MMM. Oh man. Excuse me while I live out my nut butter fantasies with this loaf.
That’s all from me. Simple is the name of the game on this one. Enjoy, friends!
- Blueberry Loaf
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 3 tbs neutral vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax + 3 tbs warm water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
- Streusel Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan and line with parchment paper (leave enough overhang for easy removal of the loaf)
- For the flax egg, combine ground flax and warm water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside to thicken
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg). Stir to combine
- In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients (sugar, dairy free milk, oil, flax egg and vanilla extract), and stir until fully combined
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredients, and gently mix them together
- Fold in blueberries using a rubber spatula
- Pour batter into prepped loaf pan
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients (flour, brown sugar, coconut oil and cinnamon) and stir until you have a course crumble
- Add about half of the streusel onto the top of the loaf and push down using your fingers or back of a spoon
- Add remaining streusel and pat down again (this is to minimize loose streusel fall)
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean
- Place onto wire rack to cool
- Once cool, remove from loaf pan using the overhang of parchment paper and allow to fully cool before slicing
- Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 slices
If you make this recipe, snap a pic using the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!
And if you’re interested in more coffee cake flavoured deliciousness, check out my Easy Vegan Coffee Cake Donuts!