Carrot cake, now in cookie form! These vegan coconut carrot cake cookies are amazingly delicious and are the perfect way to satisfy those carrot cake cravings!
Well, well, well. Would’ya look at that. Another oat based cookie! My. God. What can I say? Clearly, I have an oat addiction! Earlier this week, I posted my vegan oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, and a week prior, I posted my easy vegan carrot cake recipe. This recipe piggybacks off both of them, combining the best of two worlds. Carrot cake. Cookies. Sha-bam! Carrot cake cookies!
This is a bonus recipe that I just had to post earlier than usual, since carrot cake anything just seems to go so well with Easter, and well, Easter is just about a week away! I usually post recipes on Tuesday’s, which makes this my first Friday recipe. Yay! That automatically makes it better, right? Right.
Friday. Carrot cake cookies. Life is good.
This is a recipe that I have made so so so many times. And it hits the spot every, single, time. What’s so awesome about these cookies is since they are based entirely on oats, (both oat flour and whole oats), as long as your oat source is certified gluten free, so are your cookies! And of course, they are vegan. Double win! These cookies are so soft, chewy, carrot cakey.. Anddd, now I’m cookie daydreaming.
Did I mention they are fantabulously delicious! These cookies are jam packed with all sorts of noms. Carrots, of course. A delightful blend of sweet and spice. And just to top it all off, shredded coconut! Augh, that coconut though. Don’t skip that sh*t. The coconut takes these cookies from pretty damn good to holy amazeballs, good. Trust.
So there you have it friends. I don’t know about you, but carrot cake anything just puts me in such a “spring” mood. If carrot cake is your jam, definitely give these cookies a try! You won’t regret it, I promise.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tbs ground flax + 3 tbs warm water)
- 2 tbs dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 medium sized carrots)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- For the flax egg, combine ground flax and warm water and set aside to thicken
- In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients and stir to combine
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar and melted coconut oil, and whisk together until fully combined
- Add flax egg, dairy free milk, and vanilla, and whisk
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet in thirds
- Add shredded carrots, shredded coconut, and raisins, mixing together until combined
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- Drop scoops of cookie dough using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tbs) onto a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving a little room in between
- Flatten to your liking, as these cookies won't spread
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until edges and bottoms of cookies are golden brown
- Transfer to wire cooling rack until fully cooled
Inspired by I Heart Eating's flourless carrot cake cookie
I get super stoked when you beautiful people make my recipes, so use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa on Instagram so I can see all of your amazing creations! ❤