Don’t be fooled by their size, these vegan mini muffins pack a double dose of chocolatey goodness! This recipe is quick, easy and perfect for kids and adults alike!
Everything is cuter in miniature form, don’t you agree? Today’s recipe are these cute little double chocolate mini muffins! I’ve been going a little crazy with muffins lately – I’ve been making them pretty much every week for the past little while. So. Many. MUFFINS. But have no complaints about that!
A few weeks ago I put out the recipe for the Easiest Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins. These mini muffins are a spin off of those, but I wanted to do something a little more chocolatey, so a double chocolate version was definitely in order! Also, I wanted to put my mini muffin pan to use, because it really doesn’t get used enough.
Mini muffins are so awesome though! This recipe reminded me of that. I love being able to pop a litto bite of muffin when I’m in need of a snack. When I was a youngin’ I used to love the mini muffins that the grocery stores sell. The lemon poppy seed kind were my faaave, which served as inspo for my Easy Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Quinoa Bars. Looking at grocery store mini muffins now though, I am not a fan. Am I the only one that thinks they just look so friggin’ oily!? Yuck. The sheen of fat on those things is just too damn much.
My solution: These ↓
These muffins are so yummy! They are moist, supremely chocolatey and the perfect size. Not only are these the perfect sized muffins for kiddos, but us big people too! One of these baby muffins and those chocolate cravings are taken care of. Trust me. I have rigorously tested this.
And, they require less than 30 minutes, start to finish. Thats what I’m talking about. Plus, they’re just so stinkin’ cute! I guess you could used a regular sized muffin pan, but wheres the fun in that?
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup oil (neutral vegetable oil/coconut oil - I used grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Grease and/or line a 24 cavity mini muffin tin
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt) and stir
- Combine brown sugar, dairy fee milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla extract in a medium bowl and mix together
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredient mixture and stir until fully incorporated, taking care not to over mix
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Divide muffin batter amongst 24 cavities of prepared mini muffin tin
- Press some chocolate chips onto the tops of the muffins (optional)
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out clean
- Allow to cool on wire rack
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and use the hashtag #sweetlikecocoa and tag me @sweetlikecocoablog on Instagram, I love seeing the deliciousness you guys come up with!